Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm still here and getting work done.

So I have my new bodice pattern worked out and I'm working on the prototype and I'm also practicing my embroidery on it. which is significant since I haven't actually done embroidery since I was 11. It's not perfect yet but with a little more practice I will be back in the groove I think.


Embroidery on Blue Velvet Bodice

Also I am almost done with my surcoat and just have to figure out how I'm going to trim it. I'm tempted to just get some hem bias in a contrasting color and topstich over that. It's not the most complex trim but it would be pretty and fairly period.

Business start date is being pushed back until my mom gets me my money back. I'm still regular job hunting so I can start on my own anyway and Riley has me looking into ways to get back to school. So big things will hopefully be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment