Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kind of sad

So I got really excited for my design for Damsel in this Dress's corset contest and then yesterday I saw this on her page.

Image property of Damsel in this Dress


For those of you who didn't see it this was my idea for the contest.
Design by Me: Bobbi Weth

I feel really unoriginal and silly now and have no clue what I'm going to submit for the contest. I still really want to enter but my backup design is not really a design so much as an easy mod to one of her existing designs to make it more visually flattering. I like it but I doubt it counts as an actual design.

Oh well back to the drawing board... and hours spent making a probably unnecessary collage of my idea to make it look prettier and more like a real corset.

2 comments:

  1. Now see I still think you should submit the one you created. Sure there is a slight similarity but your design still looks a bit different. For one you have more of the ripple (lack of a better word) on the bust and then you also have the ripple at the bottom. She was going for more of a flame look, yours doesn't have that affect.

    If it helps any, my design doesn't come off as completely original either. I took one of her corsets and added what I wanted to it, so I kind of embellished it to have the style I was thinking. I think in truth all the corset entries will probably be in that nature anyway.

    Don't let her prototype get you down about your entry design. Instead use it to think of the positive on how your design is much more possible to make! You still have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    I do think that my design with smaller, less prominent ripples might come away from the body a little less on the more curvy ladies which has been the reported problem with the prototype.

    ReplyDelete